16 Dec Water Damage Restoration Tips
Flooding, condensation overflow, bath fixture overflow, leaky pipes and water used to extinguish fires are the most common water damage problems. The harmful effect of water is sharply reduced by prompt and wise action. In this post you will find helpful tips that were complied by our technicians and are based on their experience in this field. Examine your situation and use those steps you feel are necessary. Keep in mind these tips are just recommendations to follow in the event of an emergency. If you find yourself in one of these situations we have a 24 hour emergency team on call at (330)834-0008 or 1-888-749-7887!
What to do:
- Eliminate the source of the water or call a plumber
- Remove furniture or place tin foil under legs to prevent staining carpet or absorption of moisture.
- Turn on fans or central blower to circulate air and aid in evaporation.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting. When blotting make sure to use white towels.
- Remove valuable oil paintings and art objects to a safe place.
- Wipe water from wood furniture after removal of labs and other tabletop items.
- Lift draperies off carpet.
What NOT to do:
- Leave wet fabrics in place.
- Leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Use TV’s or other appliances while standing on wet carpet or floors.
For more information on our Cleaning, Restoration and Remodeling services “like” us on Facebook or call us at (330)834-0008 to speak to a Brahler’s team member.